Amber's Reviews > Swoon

Swoon by Nina Malkin

Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from May 30 to June 03, 2012

I first bought this book because the cover pulled me in, the summary caught my attention, and I have loved every book by the publishing company I had read so far. The day I decided to start reading 'Swoon' I read some reviews on this site, a lot of them... less than good. I was a little sad, I had hoped that the reviews wouldn't reflect how I liked the book.

So I started it. I spend countless hours reading page after page, doing everything except devouring this book.

I actually adored this book, it evoked so many feelings in me that I hadn't expected. I was shocked, angry, sad, happy, and not let down when I finished it. I can't wait to start 'Swear'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swoon.

Quotes Amber Liked

Nina Malkin
“I sang from my belly, from my intricate system of female parts, and from those sacs inside me that wouldn't show up on an ultrasound but held all the rocks and stones and broken glass of want and need I'd managed to collect in seventeen years.”
Nina Malkin, Swoon

06/01/2012 page 35
8.0% ""Weird shit happens. All the time.""
06/01/2012 page 113
27.0% ""There was so much I wanted to tell him. The three jokes I knew by heart. About my favorite books, my favorite bands. My secrets, all of them. So much to tell, so little time.""
06/01/2012 page 197
47.0% ""It was a lovely dream. Fraught with hubris and inhumanity, maybe, a cutthroat, mendacious sprawl of a dream. But lovely, so lovely, and tempting nonetheless." - pg 196."
06/01/2012 page 197
06/03/2012 page 233
55.0% ""... and from those sacs inside me that wouldn't show up on an ultrasound but held all the rocks and stones and broken glass of want and need I'd managed to collect in seventeen years." - pg 221"
show 2 hidden updates…