Kelly's Reviews > Fairy Blues

Fairy Blues by J.L. Bryan

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, young-adult, read-in-2012, urban-fantasy
Read from January 31 to February 05, 2012

I really enjoyed book 1 of this series (although there were moments where I wanted to shake some sense into those poor kids... that's the mom in me, I think), so when I started book 2 I was pretty darn excited to see where J.L. Bryan was going to take us. I'm so happy to be able to say that he didn't disappoint. The world of Faerie is just as twisty and odd as I was hoping it would be, Jason and his cohorts are just digging themselves in deeper and deeper with those magical instruments, and the bad guys are pretty darn gross.

The person I feel most deeply for right now is Aoide. She's a victim in all of this and somehow things just keep getting worse for the poor girl. And then there's Jason. Although he initially did a very bad thing in stealing the instruments, he's at a point where he doesn't know how to get himself out of the mess without pissing off everyone. Have I mentioned the sweet, unrequited love yet? Oh, yeah. He and Erin are so cute together (and doesn't she seem to have some secrets hidden away that not even she's aware of?) and yet circumstances are keeping them apart. Right now, I can't see how things are going to turn out well for everyone involved (Fairies, mortals, or anyone else) and I'm worried for all of them.

Fast-paced, ridiculously fun, and highly imaginative, I'm really enjoying traipsing through the pitfalls of Faerie and following The Assorted Zebras in the human world as they attempt to make it big.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Blues.