Sophie's Reviews > Rock Chick

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley

Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: didn-t-finish, own-ebook, romance
Read from March 10 to 11, 2012

Ok, here's the thing, I've just started this book and have so far read 3 Kristen Ashley books , they've all been pretty good, but, they're all really, really similar. Her writing style tends to be too detailed and lengthy, aswell as the character descriptions, it's the same in every book. The heroine is always quite tall, curvaceous, has TH&A (Tit's hair and ass), she’s attractive, pretty confident and has a smart mouth (30ish). The Hero, tall, dark and handsome, uses country words (I have no idea what they mean) is usually a biker and a bad boy. See, I don't mind characters of that description, but when they all live in Colorado, use exactly the same limited dialogue and have similar plots and endings you can pretty much tell what's going to happen in one of her books. E.g. Hero meets heroine, they get off to a rocky start, but soon warm to each other ending up in his bed. =O Disaster strikes, he thinks she's betrayed him (this is where heroine usually gets beat up) then there's a happy ever after. Considering they're all around 500+ pages long, which will take me a few days to read, to me it's a bit of a waste of time. =S

I know it sounds a bit harsh, because all of her books are pretty good, but it's just like reading the same book over and over again. A lot of people will probably disagree with me, but this is just my opinion.
(Is her Dream Man Series like this? If not I'll definitely read it =])

14 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Chick.

03/10/2012 page 1
show 1 hidden update…

Louise Haha, i just read this after making my comment about "more than meets the ink".... Hmmm guess i shouldn't have compared it to kristin ashleys colorado mountain series... Ohh well :D

Btw her dream man series is made from the same recipe...

Sophie Oh, =[, That Series sounded good.

Lol, I did like these books, just they were all soo alike. Will definitely still read "More Than Meets The Ink", don't mind if it's a bit like these. I think I'm just put off of Kristen Ashley's writing now =[.

Magda I completely agree with everything you stated.

Sophie Lol, I think your the only one =P.
I just started Knight by Kristen Ashley, thought it was gunna be completely different from her other books, but no, same characters, different names..

Magda LOL I know, there is a serious KA craze around here lately.

Sophie =P, Yup, and I kinda get it, cuz they are all really great plot ideas. But they're soo boring! and what's with the caveman talk?

Magda Yes! It takes me forever to finish the last 15% of her books because they're TOO LONG with unneeded details/events.
And, with this one, the sexy scenes were just not there!

Sophie Lol I stopped reading around when he finds them in his house at the beginning, glad I stopped if it didn't get any better.
And ye way to long, you know it's dragging on when you end up skimming.
When you pick up a book you want it to be unique and new, not be able to guess everything that happens. I think I'm gunna give up on KA completely. =[

Magda I have a friend telling me to read Sweet Dreams so I'll give it a shot before I give up but I do need a longgg break from her.

message 10: by Sophie (last edited Apr 20, 2012 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sophie Agreed, each KA book read needs to be at least a month after the next (or longer, for me anyway lol). Sweet Dreams is good, it's just the same as the rest of them =S.

Magda Damn, don't think I'll be a big KA fan. :(