Melody's Reviews > The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School

The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins

Jan 27, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from January 25 to 27, 2012

I really enjoyed a lot of the points made in this book. I particularly enjoyed that the school's part in student's social dynamics was explored. Additionally, the book addressed the fact that many teachers fall victim to social cliques as well. I enjoyed the stories of the different students followed, but I would have liked to see more with about how their lives continued after high school.

I think my biggest critique of the book would fall under it's structure. I liked that anecdotes from the students were interspersed with the authors findings and conclusions. It kept the pace of the read going. However, often it was hard to make the connection between the stories and these conclusions. They were spaced so close together that it seemed like there should have been a connection. Even just a transitional sentence may have helped with this.

Overall, this book was very enjoyable. It makes some great points. Honestly, I think the audience it would be most benefit are teachers and administrators.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth.