Christina Mitchell's Reviews > A Great Deliverance

A Great Deliverance by Elizabeth  George

Jan 27, 12

Read from January 25 to 27, 2012

Oh Fuck All!

Yes, I cursed, but it is a British term and DI Havers uses it all the time. I am exercising my knowledge of British culture. I am actually rather proud of myself.

Seriously, however...who the bloody-hell knew?! I have not been reading the Inspector Lynly mysteries in order because I purchase copies of the books from the library bookstore. This means, I grab whatever others have donated to sell. This also means there has been a lot of jumping around and trying to piece together the histories of DI Lynly and DI Havers from brief allusions made during the intrigue and action of the current mystery, supported by the television series shown on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery. This book is the first of the entire Elizabeth George books revolving around Inspector Lynly. I learned so much in terms of the relationship between Lynly, Helen, Deborah, and St. James, as well as the rather dysfunctional relationship between Havers and her parents. I refuse to give spoilers so you are on your own. Enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Great Deliverance.