Zack's Reviews > Legacy of Kings

Legacy of Kings by C.S. Friedman

May 16, 12

Read from January 25 to May 16, 2012

minor spoilers.

Let me say first that I very much enjoyed the first two books of this series. This book I almost couldn't stand. I don't think she could have found a more annoying and tiresome hero in Salvator, I didn't buy the love story that just suddenly happened between Kamala (when she finally showed up) and Colivar. About half way through the book there us a "big reveal" about the magisters that she about beats to death before hand and its something that if you hadn't already guessed by that point you're just not paying attention.

I'm not going to keep going on about it but suffice to say the end isn't really worth it. Very sorry to say it but this book turned me off to reading any of her future books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy of Kings.

04/18/2012 page 200
43.0% "slow going, partly because of distractions but this one also hasn't grabbed me the way the first two did so far. I'm finding it especially annoying how 'the beast within' the magisters is constantly being referenced suddenly. I imagine they are soul eaters or else part soul eater and this is supposed to be a big reveal but it's not working for me."