Jasmine Hawamdeh's Reviews > Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

U 50x66
Jan 31, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: feb-reads

O joy a teen fiction book right were I feel most comfortable and where I just love the books. This book starts with Naomi Porter. She is a teenager who one summer while working on the yearbook fell and hit her head and forgot everything that happened in the last 4 years of her life. She can remember math and science and facts but everything in her personal life is gone. Wiped out of her brain. Naomi was adopted, she was abandoned in a Russian church as a baby. That she remembers she remembers who her adopted parents are but what she doesn't remember is that they got a divorce and her mother is married in New York City with a 3 year old child. What she doesn't remember is who her best friend is. Who her boyfriend is, what her hobbies are and who she fits in with. She has to re-discover herself as a teenager and find out who she loves, who she really doesn't and what she loves to do. She need to identify herself in a matter of weeks. Naomi makes decisions she would have not made before, some not as good as others but she has to figure out who she truly is. I picked this book up because while searching for something to read, the title seemed interesting so I read the back and so I decided to read it.
I finished it because I was really interested in who she has become. Who she fits in with, does she forgive her mother? and more and more.
I think Leeah would enjoy this read because she is a teen fiction lover just like me and she would definitely love the drama that goes on in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac.