Lexi.vernaglia's Reviews > The Hello, Goodbye Window

U 50x66
Jan 25, 2012

liked it
Read in January, 2012

The Hello, Goodbye Window was a good book. The pictures in it took up the whole page, but looked as if they were water painted, not as if they were drawn. It has a youngster feeling to it and I think it would totally catch the attention of children with how different the drawings look from other books. I feel like it can really relate to many children and their times/memories of their grandparents house. So, in a way it is like an escape to grandma and grandpa’s house through a book. A little thing that popped out to me was the lesson about not playing with the things under the sink in the kitchen, because “they make you sick”. I thought that was great.
In this book, a little girl tells through her point of view her time over at her grandparents house. She mentions the hello, goodbye window that she hopes to have in her own house one day. This is a window in the kitchen that you see when walking up to house to get dropped off and you see when leaving the house to go home. She talks about all the different things she can do with the hello, goodbye window. In her mind I believe this window has some sort of magic to it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hello, Goodbye Window.