Angel's Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Cherie Colyer

Jan 25, 12

Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy

Embrace was a tale of mystery, romance, friendship, and magic. What more could you ask for in a book?!
I do have to say that this book started off slow for me. The writing was addicting, however. I don't know what it was, but I just couldn't stop reading!
We first meet our heroine, Madison, when she is going through a rough place in her life, not being able to get over her old boyfriend, Kevin, who has moved away.
She then meets our hero, Isaac, at a party, and, as the cool kids say: the rest is history.
The only complaint that I have is that we never got to know any of the characters very well. What did Madison enjoy doing, besides hanging out with her friends? How about Kaylee? I felt there was a complete lack of character development, and I was very disappointed with that, since I would have very much liked to know these characters.
It made it very hard to feel and relate to any one of them.
Also, I couldn't really see a plot line. Everything seemed a bit all over the place, and some parts left me angry and confused.
Now, with all of that said, I think I can go on to mention the things that I really enjoyed!
I really liked the friendships in this book. Madison and Kaylee's friendship had to be one of my favorite parts. They were always there for each other, and I really liked that. Also, I really liked Josh, Kaylee's boyfriend, and one of Madison's close friends.
The added theme of magic didn't really play a big role in my view, but I did enjoy it. I felt it added a nice mix to things.
Overall, Embrace is worth the read if you're looking for something light, fun, and easy to read. For fans of paranormal that isn’t over the top, and a mystery that will keep you guessing until the end—Embrace just may be the book for you! Cherie Colyer has a promising future in writing for young adults, and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.