Brad's Reviews > In the Hall of the Dragon King

In the Hall of the Dragon King by Stephen R. Lawhead

M_50x66
Jan 25, 12

Read in January, 2012

This was, like all of Lawhead's books, a great deal of fun. Very entertaining story, covering a great deal of terrain and also a good amount of character development and growth. My favorite part about every Lawhead novel that I have read so far (Pendragon Cycle, Patrick, and the first two of the Dragon King) is his ability to incorporate clearly Christian themes and types without sounding too "cheesy". That is a valuable trait as so many books written by Christians are just written poorly and with much laziness. He takes the effort and the time to incorporate His beliefs into his books in a genuine and authentic way. I believe this is because they are actually apart of him (as an author and as a person) rather than some extra process of writing something and then "christianizing" it. Anyhoo, if you like high fantasy this one would be highly recommended. Less so if you don't, but it may still be enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Hall of the Dragon King.