Thedaydreamer3's Reviews > Betrayal's Shadow

Betrayal's Shadow by K.H. LeMoyne

Jan 27, 12

Read in January, 2012

In the beginning i wasn't really into the book.Read the first part of the excerpt.It's the beginning of the book(Turen's POV ) .A prison with sociopaths and creepy creatures aren't really my thing,but 20 pages in... and I was completely hooked :) .Actually the first thing that interested me was the difference between Turen and Mia's situations/lives.It was like putting white and black together.. (You can figure this stuff from the excerpt)

It all started with a betrayal and this book is like dealing with the aftermath but there are things that are what they seem and things that aren't(The tittle fits perfectly).It's not clear from the beginning who was the traitor, but you could tell something isn't quite right..and in the end,it's not really a surprise.Somewhat predictable(if you were paing attention to all the small clues) and quite evil !

The book is alterates between Turen and Mia's POV but also with some snippets of the other Guardians POV which gives lot of insight and a better comprehension of the whole Guardian thing.

Mia was a strong female character,but not a cold one either.She was really something.And if I may say so..i think she would make a good detective or something like that.She was smart and intuitive.There is a part where she made me think of A (from the Pretty Little Liars ,only this time A was a trying to do good) by developing such a brilliant plan to get Turen out of prison...
Turen (i don't know why, but this name doesn't stick with me...i keep saying Tauren..which i like better and has a better pronunciation in Romanian..) was definitely a SEAL or Navy type.He was loyal and honest, and that my friend is a rare thing nowadays.

As a couple, they really had a spark going.From early start i noticed his annoyance when other males were involved or even mentioned...(he was a little jealous;he just didn't want to admit..and it was so cute).

Actually, most of the Guardians were like Tauren which is a good thing!

First Like & Dislike
One thing i absolutely did not like were the hybrids.They were creepy and scary (and they gave me nightmares..I'm not kidding...),but they weren't a strong appearance in the book, only at the beginning and then one more scene.(When they were really scary..)
The first thing that i did like was their first conversation which was a "verbal ping-pong match" ,which was kind of a breath of fresh air from the Prison terror.But most of their conversations were like that.Here is a quote that got me laughing out loud :

Mia:"Ï'm the only female here"
Turen:"You're right.Any female will do.As long as she has your scent,your skin and your smart mouth"

The reasons why this book did not receive 5 stars :
Some scenes weren't developed or explained enough.
There were some things about the Guardians that weren't explained (like their purpose) , but also in the beginning about Mia and her ability to "teleport" between the comfort of her bed to the prison cell where Turen was.
The fact that i couldn't picture some places, like Xavier's compound and the Sanctuary very well or at all.(And i do have imagination...)
The fact that there were left a lot of things that added to Mia's character development in the dark by skipping time ,only mentioned in a few sentences.
I give this 4 stars!And i do recommend it to all :action,romance,paranormal,crime and mystery,because it had a little of them all.I look forward to the other books in the series.I definitely like the concept of the Guardians and if i may say so..it's quite unique.( I think i may dedicate a whole post on this Saturday (New discoveries day) to them...because they are awesome :)

Be aware! There are some steamy sex scenes...so let's make it a 17 up only book.

If you want to see more reviews go to my blog !
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayal's Shadow.