Sarah's Reviews > Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All

Deadly Choices by Paul A. Offit

4208918
Jan 25, 2012

A very interesting book presenting elements of our nation's history that I was unfamiliar with, as well as providing scientific evidence to support the safety of vaccines. I really enjoyed the book, and was at times unsettled by some of the content. I am very pro-vaccine, so most of what I drew from the reading was related to the litigation history and some of the studies I was less familiar with. Despite the fact that it was a required read for a course, I really started wanting to read it and going back to it repeatedly of my own volition. However, the author's viewpoint is clearly a biased one, and there are times when I feel he becomes too personally attacking toward proponents of the anti-vaccine movement. I would have preferred that he stick to the facts, and perhaps even present the other side's arguments less dismissively (i.e. the concept of alternate vaccination schedules). Overall, great book. I think many would benefit from reading it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Choices.