Cheri Ragland's Reviews > Have You Filled A Bucket Today?: A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids

Have You Filled A Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: eced-117
Read in January, 2012

"Have You Filled Your Bucket Today?" is a book about feelings and making the right choices. This book is a simple guide for children to share and learn good thoughts and good feelings. The book uses an invisible bucket, that everyone has, to help illustrate how to fill your bucket and how you would feel with your bucket full. In contrast, it speaks of a bucket dipper and how that feels when you become a bucket dipper. For example, the author writes, "A bucket dipper says or does mean things that make others feel bad". Carol McCloud does an excellent job of illustrating through pictures with vivid colors and allows any age group to benefit from the moral of the book. She also uses repetition throughout the book, giving the reader an ability to learn how to read. When I read this book, I enjoyed the pictures relating to the story. I appreciated the diversity of the book as well. It was truly a "Guide to Daily Happiness for kids". As a teacher, I would read this book on the first day of school to help children understand that we all have feelings and we need to treat everyone with the same respect we would want from them. It would allow for a lot of engagement and activities throughout the school year that would help advance children in their values of themselves and one another.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Have You Filled A Bucket Today?.