Maria Nesmith's Reviews > Judy Moody

Judy Moody by Megan McDonald

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: eced-221

Judy Moody was in a mood. Not a good mood. A bad mood is about a girl named Judy who was in third grade. The book starts with the first day of school and how Judy does not want to go through the hassle of changing grades. Rocky who is Judy's best friend ride the bus together and work together to conquer the first day of third grade.

The story is very well written according to many of the standards outlined in Chapter 2. The characters are all fully developed, the setting is constructed with many details, and the plot is fully developed. All of the events within this story are plausible, and relatable to many readers. For example, the story has an intriguing plot about how Judy doesn’t want to move into the next grade. The chapters go on to describe how she feels about the situation and the project that makes her feel better about it. The book is relatable because I’m sure many kids do not like the transition of going into a new grade. Some students hate change but learn to adjust. The setting has many details and even has some pictures so the reader can make a visual of the scenes. The book definitely resembles real people in today’s society. Many students feel the same exact way Judy felt in the book. The events are plausible because I’m sure they happen in the beginning of every school year. Therefore, the plot is believable and makes a good book.

I enjoyed reading this book and found it very cute. This is an easy reader and is geared toward grade three. It is a great book to show student that there is no reason to stress about the first day of school. I found this book very funny and I think that children are going to enjoy it. I found this book relatable to me because like Judy I hate change. When I become a teacher I would read this to my class to calm them down about the first day of school gitters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Judy Moody.