Katie's Reviews > First Day Jitters

First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: eced-221, children-s-and-picture-books
Read in January, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book is about Sarah, who is very nervous about her first day at her new school. Sarah's father has to make her get out of bed and get ready so he can drive her to school. He tries to comfort her as she explains that she hates her new school already because she does not know anyone. At the end of the book, once Sarah gets to school, she is introduced as a new teacher.

I really enjoyed First Day Jitters. The illustrations are very colorful and interesting, and Sarah is in many of the pictures, but her face is not shown until the end. This would be fun for kids to look back on after they know the ending. The book shows children that it's okay and natural to be nervous about the first day of school, and it's very easy to relate to.

This would be a great book for teachers to read to young students on their first day. I would definitely read it and let the children know that, as their teacher, I was nervous, too! This is especially good for the first day of school because it's a great way to let your students get to know you and become more comfortable around you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Day Jitters.