Nina ♥'s Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 01

Recommended for: Fans of Twilight, Vampire Academy, and love triangles
Read from January 25 to 26, 2012

yukikaname
Who needs Yuki?

Okay, so I watch plenty of anime, but this is actually the first manga I've ever read. I liked it very much, BUT here it comes...some parts really ticked me off, like:

-The lack of action.
-Yuki. She was such a a bit of a goody-two-shoes. Which annoyed the hell out of me.
-The story tended to get a bit melodramatic.
-The mystery parts could've been done so much better.
-The cheesy dialogue.
-Blood drinking being depicted as "erotic." Yeah, try having someone's teeth stuck in your neck.

Basically, the plot didn't impress me and I wasn't exactly blown away by the dialogue. What intrigued me more than anything was the dynamic between Zero, Yuuki, and Kaname. I also LOVED the artwork, I think I enjoyed looking at Zero and Kaname more than anything, really. xD

That said, I'm willing to read the next one, since I've heard so many great things about this series, and I have a feeling it will turn out to be kickass.

PS, the Chairman reminded me a lot of Shigure from Fruits Basket. I love him!! <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 01.

01/25/2012 page 54
28.0% "Kaname is so hawt. *-* And I adore Zero! He's hilarious! <3"
01/25/2012 page 121
63.0% "Chapter four...I have a feeling the real action is about to start now."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 I LOVE VK :)

Nina ♥ I loved it too! I don't know what, but there is something very addicting about this series! <3<3

message 3: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Oh, I know! I don't usually watch anime or read manga but when my friend told me I had to watch it, I got HOOKED! No, obsessed is more like it! Then she said I shouuld read the manga and I did! lol It's so amazing, I just love everything about it :p So ... are you Team Zero or Team Kaname? Or both? O.o

message 4: by Circus Princess (last edited Jan 27, 2012 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Circus Princess Ahhhh. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. However, I wanted to strangle Yuki. Like, with all my might, just bitchslap her.

Team Zero! XD

(BTW Shigure and Headmaster do have a lot in common...)

message 5: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Wootwoot! Zerroooo <3 lol but I still kind of like Kaname :P I can't choose!!!

Circus Princess Kaname pissed me off too. He kept hitting Hanabusa! I mean like, even if he deserved it, you're still not allowed! I forbid it! Poor Aido...

message 7: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Hahahahaha, I like Hanabusa!! And yeah, Aidou is cute XD

message 8: by Nina ♥ (last edited Mar 09, 2012 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nina ♥ I don't know which team I am! I like Kaname more than Zero right now, but that's only because Zero tended to act very moody and cranky at some parts (granted, it was funny as hell, the way he got so pissed off easily. I mean, that is also why I liked him so much!). Plus, Kaname is mysterious. I liked that a lot!
Is Aidou a good guy or a bad one? I don't know much about him--except that the girls sometimes call him "Idol," hehe; and he was constantly dreaming about draining Yuuki of blood--but maybe he changes in the other books?

Circus Princess

message 10: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Demolition wrote: "
Hanabusa Aido, sort of good guy sort of bad guy. Very popular night class student."

Perfect description :)

Nina ♥ He's cuteee! xD <3

Circus Princess Oh yeah, forgot to mention: Doubles as Kaname's punching bag.

Nina ♥ Demolition Lover wrote: "Oh yeah, forgot to mention: Doubles as Kaname's punching bag."

HAHAHAHA! I KNOW! He kept slapping him. xD It was hilarious! =D

Circus Princess I remember watching it... I was like, "*whimper* Poor Hanabusa! DIEEE KANAME!"

I still have not forgiven him for that. How dare he slap Hanabusa. HE NO ALLOWED. I FORBIDZ IT.

Nina ♥ Demolition Lover wrote: "I remember watching it... I was like, "*whimper* Poor Hanabusa! DIEEE KANAME!"

Yeah! His face is too pretty to be slapped!

Circus Princess I FORBIDZ IT!

Miranda I lol'd at that motivational. Haha! Team Zero!!! Yuki annoyed me a bit as well.

Nina ♥ I did too, actually. :) Oh to hell with it, team Zero/Kaname. :P

message 19: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Haha nice review :) And he DOES sort of seem like Shigure!

Athena Ivashkova ~♥~ The chairman looks sexy with his hair out:D oh good *swoon*

message 21: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Pearl Ozera wrote: "The chairman looks sexy with his hair out:D oh good *swoon*"

AHH, I know!!! He's so hot with his hair down, and when he acts all cool <3

Athena Ivashkova ~♥~ Monica*Luvs*Barrons*4*Life wrote: "Pearl Ozera wrote: "The chairman looks sexy with his hair out:D oh good *swoon*"

AHH, I know!!! He's so hot with his hair down, and when he acts all cool <3"

Ahahaha! He leaves with a gittery feeling, and Zero has a seductive voice and his abs...and God, I sound very much like a weirdo now.

message 23: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Pearl Ozera wrote: "Monica*Luvs*Barrons*4*Life wrote: "Pearl Ozera wrote: "The chairman looks sexy with his hair out:D oh good *swoon*"

AHH, I know!!! He's so hot with his hair down, and when he acts all cool

Ahaha..."

Hahaha, don't worry about it XD Everyone's weird, so it'd really be weird if you were normal :) But yeah!! Zero is so hot too! Though I'm more of a Kaname fan :p But i like Zero too.

Nina ♥ I'm always drawn to the funny guys in books, the ones who always make you laugh...I'm also all for the broody-sexy-serious ones.
This has both. Crap.

message 25: by Nobody8716 (new)

Nobody8716 Nina ♥ wrote: "I'm always drawn to the funny guys in books, the ones who always make you laugh...I'm also all for the broody-sexy-serious ones.
This has both. Crap."

Hahahaha ahh too true. It's impossible to not like at least one of them :p

message 26: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Cotton I loved this manga, but I agree with you about Yuki. Yuki reminds me a lot of Tohru from Fruits basket. I love the book, but why is she so nice and stupid? A lot of female characters are and I don't understand it. Why does everyone like the stupid girl? Zero is way better than that. But then again, Zero is constantly angry. Like I get that a vampire murdered his family and now he's turning into one, but he can be happy every once in awhile. I do kind of want Yuki to be with Zero but right now she's just a little too into that pureblood vampire. That wouldn't be a good relationship considering Zero loathes vampires.