Steven Pemberton's Reviews > Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble

Noah Zarc by D. Robert Pease

Jan 25, 12

liked it
Read from January 23 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy

I'm probably too old and cynical to enjoy this book properly. It's well-written and imaginative, and kept me turning the pages, but I was able to guess most of the twists in advance.

Noah, the main character, is something of a Mary-Sue, in that he frequently disobeys his parents and older siblings, often putting his life in danger, but gets away with no more than a stern talking-to.

The plot has a few implausibilities, such as Noah's family being the only people trusted to use time travel. Fair enough if the government wants to make sure history isn't altered, but in that case you'd think they'd pick people who don't have as much of a propensity for getting into trouble as Noah. Also, why is the villain the only other person who can travel in time? If he can steal or reverse engineer the technology, so can other people, so there ought to be a thriving black market in objects and animals brought back from the past - even time tourism.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Noah Zarc.

message 1: by D. Robert (new) - added it

D. Robert Pease Thanks, Steven for the honest review. Some good thoughts in there.