Jess (Gone with the Words)'s Reviews > No Place to Run

Jan 25, 2012

bookshelves: read-2012, adult
Read from January 29 to February 02, 2012 , read count: 1

Read this review on my blog! --> No Place to Run by Maya Banks

Sam Kelly completely intrigued me in the first book, so I was really excited to find out what made the level-headed oldest Kelly brother tick.

Sam was, oh-so-damn-sexy in this book. He burned up the pages from the get go!! It really surprised me, but then not really...I mean, they do say to watch out for those quiet ones, don’t they? ;) And Sam Kelly is one to keep an eye on, that’s for sure! Actually, I wouldn’t mind keeping more than my eye on him. *sigh*

So, ok, he’s damn sexy...but he’s also strong, passionate, loyal, and smart. He is the person you want at your side when all goes to hell. Sophie definitely needed that person. Poor Sophie. She’s had a rough life. But she has such a strong character and she’s incredibly brave and protective. I really admired that about her. Sam and Sophie’s connection was clearly physical...with something else that was inexplicable to either of them at first. Once reunited, it’s both easy but complicated. So many secrets between them, but yet their connection is as strong as ever.

Though the rest of the Kellys are in this book, their presence is not as dominant as in the first book. The enemy in this one is pretty ruthless, which made for a nail-biting story. There are kidnappings and gun fights, explosions and people getting shot in the head…more than once. lol

No Place to Run is definitely not lacking in action or suspense and especially not lacking in romance. A great sequel in the KGI series and I am absolutely looking forward to reading Garrett’s story next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Place to Run.

01/30/2012
21.0% 2 comments
02/02/2012
95.0% "*sigh* so close! But lunch is over"
show 3 hidden updates…