Wanda (Good Choice Reading)'s Reviews > A Midsummer's Nightmare

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

Jul 24, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, own, reviewed
Read from July 03 to 05, 2012

I absolutely LOVE all of Kody Keplinger's books. I love how she's not afraid to write exactly the way teenagers are today, the way they talk and the way they act. I find it funny how sometimes Whitley say something exactly like how I would say it. LOL. Sad because I'm not a teen. But in Midsummer's Nightmare there's no sugarcoating anything. Keplinger writes teens as she sees them today. And when I read any of her novels, I get completely lost in them. I become a silent third character watching everything that happens as I read. I admire Keplinger for her work.

A Midsummer's Nightmare is exactly that a nightmare. Whitley's summer plans all were shot down when she's introduced to her new family. And rather than embracing her new family, she becomes a super witch with a capital B. At some point, I was getting really annoyed with her attitude and behavior and I was thinking of putting it down. Had Whitley been my daughter, I would have lost my cool with her, for sure. I couldn't take her hostility and her behavior. It was her behavior more than her attitude that had me almost wanting to pull her hair. That's how good Keplinger is in drawing you in. But since I have read and loved Keplinger's previous novels, I kept reading.

Between Whitley's partying and flirting, you meet a bunch of cool characters. And I really enjoyed reading all of Keplinger's characters in this novel. Each character brought something fresh to the table. Each one had a purpose in Whitley's life. From her step-sister who has Whitley wrapped around her pinky, to her good-looking but pitching for the other team new best friend to her hot, sexy, soon to be step-brother. Keplinger did a great job with this novel. It's really fast paced and extremely entertaining. I give A Midsummer's Nightmare a 5 stars for sure and a Good Choice for Reading.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer's Nightmare.