Isabelle's Reviews > Partie De Chasse

Partie De Chasse by Enki Bilal

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: french
Read in January, 2012

We are in the midst of a kitchen refurbishing project, so I have very little time to myself, very little time to read right now. So, why not go back and re-read some of the Graphic novels that taught me to love the genre?

I am very partial to Enki Bilal's very recognizable graphic style: the gaunt, lost faces, the haunting landscapes. I also happen to like his choice of stories, whether he actually writes them himself or collaborates with a writer.

"Partie de Chasse" has aged inasmuch as the plot that takes us within the USSR's aparatchik is no longer at the cutting edge of political fiction. Now that the USSR is Russia again, and that the Communist regime has fallen, or at least recycled itself into an essentially undefinable "something else", this novel becomes a historical document of sorts.
During a hunting party, intrigue, secrets and a cold, boundless lust for power are unleashed against a snowy background.

This was my first Bilal novel, and it got me to read so many more of them. I loved it then, I love it now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partie De Chasse.