Elisabeth's Reviews > Because of Winn-Dixie

F_50x66
Mar 02, 12

bookshelves: children-s-lit
Read in January, 2012

At first it was really hard for me to get into this book. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I've tried reading it so many times before when i was younger, but just never got past the first few chapters. Also, it is definitely written for a younger audience so it was harder to really indulge in the story line. It wasn't until half way through that I started to really love the characters and feel something for each of them. My favorite part of this book is when the Littmus lozenge candy was introduced. The way it was described as "tasting sad" was a really abstract idea that I liked. It also really brought out each of the characters and made me connect with them on a deeper level when they would describe what happened in their lives that the Littmus lozenge made them feel. This book is heart whelming and an easy, enjoyable read. After reading it I feel that I can look into the lonely aspects of my life and start to find some light.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because of Winn-Dixie.