Harold's Reviews > Nightmares and Dreamscapes: Volume 1

Nightmares and Dreamscapes by Stephen King

Mar 10, 2012

Read from January 24 to March 08, 2012

As with all King books, this one is good. Really more ok. I'm guessing though my feelings on that has more to do with an inability to appreciate the short story, however, to be fair, when a King novel is 1,000 pages his short stories are just short of novellas. Really this book should be taken in pieces as most collections are meant to be.

One piece in particular in the book I thought was daring, was his inclusion of his son's little league team winning the state championship. I found I was more drawn to that in the book than I was a lot of the other stories. Not sure why but just was.

A while back my wife had talked to another King fan and related how I too am a big King fan. He then when on to tell her about how he thought that King had more of a sense of humor that came through in his writing. I didn't realize this until I read this book. There were several stories in this book that seemed to want to be funny horror stories.

Overall I'm glad I trudged through all 800 pages of the hard cover book. The man has a talent for words of which I can only dream about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightmares and Dreamscapes.