Stephen's Reviews > The City of Gold and Lead

The City of Gold and Lead by John Christopher

M_50x66
Feb 07, 12

Read from January 24 to February 07, 2012

I thought that the book was very slow moving. It was also very depressing. Many friends were lost, and some were then recovered. It had a very big twist at the ending. I am not going to tell what the ending was though. I thought that the theme of the book was about friendship and sticking together. One alien wanted to be friends with a boy who tried to act very nice. I also saw how Fritz and Will stuck together through the whole hard time. I would give this book a seven out of ten.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The City of Gold and Lead.

01/24/2012 page 70
33.0% "I thought that theme of the book was about hate of people who are different. In the book, every town hates each other just because they are from different places. The book also has the inslaved humans of the tripods who are brainwashed not eccept any normal people. This theme shows how devided different people could be."
01/26/2012 page 130
62.0% "Will, after on a god forsaken raft finally met his distination by playing these surtain games. He won the game and got into this city for aliens which he became a slave for. The alien that chose him was a very nice alien that only wanted to talk."