Jenny's Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Jun 10, 12

Read from April 22 to 24, 2012

Let me premise my review by stating that I am superbly picky about angel books. I tend to dislike most of the angel books I read.

That being said, I was apprehensive about starting this book. But thankfully this book was so utterly amazing that it blew my mind! And also, the title of this book is so appropriate and fits it like a glove. Just thought I'd throw that little tidbit in there.

Anna was adopted when she was an infant. She has the ability to see the auras of people and she also remembers the day of her birth. She has super senses and can see and hear for quite a distance. She knows she's different but doesn't really know the hows or whys of it all.

In the midst of all of this she meets Kaidan, or Kai for short. Bad boy extraordinaire, he pegs Anna for what she truly is, a Nephilim. He teaches her how to hide her aura from him, and also she learns about her bad girl side by discovering who her father is.

I absolutely loved the character development in this book. Anna was so well depicted as the good girl, and for Kai, the opposite end of the spectrum. The emotions in this book were so intense, so real, that I found myself becoming weepy throughout lots of chapters.

The intense struggle with controlling their desire for one another, the longing between both Anna and Kai...man, I can't even accurately portray my feelings on this one. It was just heart-wrenching and butterfly inducing all in one go.

When I finished this book and put it down, I just sighed in happiness and sadness all in one. And then I immediately asked when the next book would be released. Because I want to read it like yesterday.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

04/22/2012 page 71
15.0% "Easy to read thus far. I just picked it up about 45 minutes ago and found myself pretty far into the book already. Can't wait to see what happens next :)"