Tawnya McBride's Reviews > Just One Drop

Just One Drop by Quinn Loftis

Feb 11, 12

bookshelves: books-i-will-read-over-and-over
Read from February 07 to 08, 2012

I really love this series. One of my favorites. I only have one hang up and is the reason it isn't a 5. The whole one true mate was made to be such a big deal and waiting for the "one". Dec makes such a big deal about it with Jen and then he didn't wait. What is up with that? They needed to discuss it more or fight about it.

Okay update for my sweet friend Kari. She has gone through much effort for me to see things her way. It worked! She found me an answer I can accept. Iam glad cuz Jen and Dec are some of my favorite characters ever. Thanks Quinn for explaining it for us. It now. Gets my 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Drop.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kari But the poor guy has been around forever what's he Supposed to do wait? J/k ;) however I did notice Jen never stayed mad, like at the beginning, what the heck she was like ok I'll stay???

Tawnya McBride Thats really is what bugged me is that she didnt argue with him about it. Here is gets on her case about if he found out her "virginia" status changed and she let it go without a comment. That is my hang up

Kari Lol Haha I forgot about that! True, true!

Brandi is gonna be pretty mad tho when she see's u only gave it a 4 star :0

Tawnya McBride i don't think brandi is going to give it 5 is she?

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin hey Tawnya, is this series only available on kindle?

Tawnya McBride Erin it is on the nook too

Brandi I agree. I just hope that Dec not keeping his paws to himself doesn't come back to bite him in the butt (ha ha paws, bite I am funny) when the true mate of whoever he got all friendly with finds out. What is the deal with the double standard Dec can do whatever just because he's lived longer (and on that note 125 years is made to sound like not that long to wait for your mate). I think Jen needed to put up a bigger fuss! She should have not answered Dec when he questioned her about Matty what is good for the gander is good for the goose (or something similar)

Kari Listen guys it's totally his character. Check this out- the author wrote me back ;)
Hey Kari,
Thank you for reading my books I really appreciate it! Ok so Dec, my editor and I went back and forth about the whole is Dec a virgin thing. This is why I decided to go with no. Okay so Fane and Jacque are innocent, both young and fresh, it made sense for them to be inexperienced. The difference between Jen and Dec and Fane and Jacque is that Jen and Dec are raw, rough around the edges. I wanted them to be real, to not be the perfect couple. Dec's sister died, he didn't want a mate or the responsibility, yet he still had the darkness in him growing from not having a mate. He tried to fill it with other "relationships" he's a man, he's not perfect and though he understood the sacredness of being a mate it was something he never though would happen to him and he was okay with that...until Jen. I knew that it would be difficult for some to accept Dec not being "pure" but I really felt like his character was to rough for that. It's something Jen and Dec will def discuss in book 4 as we see more of their relationship unfold. I hope that helped at least a little.

Ok so beside the total awesomeness the author wrote me back, isn't so exciting that the next book will have lots of Jen and Dec in it?

Tawnya McBride Yeah Kari! Way to find out info for us. You are awesome at getting to the bottom of things. I can accept that. I guess I will be changing it. Too bad she didn't say when 4 will be out.

Brandi Okay I get it but I still think that Jen should have been madder! I mean if it was Jen that had fooled around and not Dec he would have freaked out! But I am willing to wait and see how it plays out in book 4 I just hope there is one awesome fight. (and not just because I want Jen to be mad but because I think she is so funny when she is upset)

message 11: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari Ya I know, but check this out I had one more little chat and the author and she said...
I had really thought about Jen being mad about it or upset and I nearly went that direction with it. I guess I was letting her cut him some slack just one time :)

And also she said
Tell your friend and sister thank you for reading my books, I really appreciate it! I will have the release date for book 4 out as soon as I can. Thank you again!

So freaking cool! I love goodreads! Like seriously how cool is that!

Brandi WHAT! Cut him some slack this one time, um...hello this is a little big to be cutting someone slack on. Does this mean that there is not going to be a (dog) fight in the next book about this because I am not okay with that! I am going to wait to see how this plays out but I can honestly say that I feel like someone put a nut in my Dove milk chocolate bar (if you know what I am saying).

message 13: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari Haha a nut in your dove that is pretty funny