Gina's Reviews > Stranger in My Arms

Stranger in My Arms by Lisa Kleypas

Jan 24, 12

Read in January, 2012

Larissa's, Lady Hawksworth, husband, Hunter, died a year earlier in a shipwreck, and she is not sad about it. Considering he was living a life of debauchery in India for a few years before his death and still in touch with his mistress in England, she was finding life as a widow much happier than life as a wife. Then comes the news that he might still be alive. Her husband - or is he - comes back a changed man. He's kind, friendly, and the sort of man she can love. He loves her. She loves him. But who is he really? Nothing good can come of borrowed identities in historical romance novels, but we are rewarded with a happy ending. There isn't anything specific not to like about this book. Its enjoyable and light. Something kept me from liking it too much, however, and I think it would have been better with a higher degree of emotional intensity found in other Kleypas books. A cliched plot moppet (an orphan too cute to be true) also detracted from the story except where needed to show the true nature of Hunter and to divert a kidnapping plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger in My Arms.