Brian's Reviews > Whiter Than Snow: Meditations on Sin and Mercy

Whiter Than Snow by Paul David Tripp

Jul 08, 2008

bookshelves: devotional
Read in July, 2008

This book should be read, and re-read, and thought deeply about at some point each week or each day depending on the time you spend in reflection. I love the format, its quite easy to read but don't let that reason allow you to not see the wisdom of this short book. This book is painful at times because the author will most likely strike a chord with each reader at some point. The dominant theme is sin, and your response to it. Most of the chapters discuss something to do with Psalm 51, his short meditations on these various aspects are usually 2 pages of very good insight. The author is open in discussing his own failures, the allure of sin in his life and what the appropriate response should be. I feel that we can never read enough about how to strengthen our life in Christ and I believe this book does just that. The author makes clear that a it is far to easy to make idols out of your abilities or possesions, to easy to think you need to improve before you go to God, to easy to harden your heart rather than repent, and welcome God's grace to refresh and refine your spirit. This book can be read in one day, but should be reflected upon for a lifetime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whiter Than Snow.