Sparrow's Reviews > Snow Falling on Cedars

Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow Falling on Cedars.

Sparrow It is SO BAD. I had a friend who once acted out for me the resolution to the mystery, and I must have laughed for like a half an hour about it. She was, like, standing on her couch being the one-armed man hanging from one of the sails on the sailboat. It was so funny. This book sucks.

I wish there were better movies set in the PNW because it is so pretty to see, but sitting through terrible stories isn't worth it.

Sparrow Mélon wrote: "I'm making a booklist at work right now of book that make you cold, and I know I should include it, but... I don't WANNA!"

Yeah fuck that. It does make me cold, though. Did you include Crime and Punishment? And A Day the Life of Ivan Denisovich? And . . . hmmmm. This sounds like a cool list and I want to think of more, but i am struggling.

Sparrow Ooo, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! And what about the Book Thief? I didn't finish that one, but the beginning was cold.

Sparrow Oh, and The Girl With Glass Feet. That one was only okay, but definitely cold. And The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.

Sparrow Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, Villette, Farewell to Arms.

Sparrow Oh, I didn't see you had that on your list! I don't know, I only read the first one.

Oh, Hamlet!

That is such a good Farewell to Arms quote. This is my favorite one, though:

"Do you want to keep your knee, young man?"
"No," I said.
"What?"
"I want it cut off," I said, "so I can wear a hook on it."

Sparrow That sounds very cold. Good thinking.

Sparrow Oh what about Winter's Bone? I haven't read it, but I imagine it is cold.

Cold Mountain?

Sparrow haha, awwww. I love public libraries. But, really, I mean, everyone is limited with reader's advisory to the books they've been exposed to. Do you ever refer people to karen's RA group? It's somewhat limited, too, just because it's limited to people who respond to the question, but at least that is a pretty big group of people.

Sparrow Oh, that is a fun game!

Sparrow haha, yeah, i figured not you. i can't believe you're giving away the secret to our answer-generating device.

message 12: by Lance (new)

Lance Greenfield Dark Matter by Michelle Paver is fre-e-e-e-zing in that four month Arctic night! And with a ghost to chill you even more!