bookczuk's Reviews > Julia's Chocolates

Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb

Apr 02, 12

bookshelves: bookcrossing, thought-i-was-gonna-like, what-s-another-name-for-chick-lit
Read in April, 2012

When I first started reading this book, I laughed out loud at the image of a run-away bride throwing her wedding dress up in a tree. I loved the image of feisty Aunt Lydia's front yard, complete with toilet flowerpots and large pic statues names after men. But from there out, it was more of a chore to read the book -- every female character seemed wounded, and Aunt Lydia's feistiness and feminist blend wore thin. Touched on some really tough subjects, but not a lot of life hints to help anyone in an abusive situation except to have good friends, get the heck out of the relationship, and stay alert. There are some others that should be in there, methinks, but apparently if you follow those three, you'll meet the man of your dreams, become a mentor for wounded children, follow your dream, have fabulous friends, and a supportive community. Still, it tidily wrapped everything up, and time wounds all heels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Julia's Chocolates.