LutaWolf's Reviews > Requiem (The Heart of Winter, # 2)

Requiem (The Heart of Winter, # 2) by London Saint James

Jan 30, 2012

bookshelves: major-tear-jerker, paranormal-romance, reviewed-for-tbr, straight-romance
Read in January, 2012

Everything I loved about the first book is once again in play in this one, emotional impact, vivid imagery, solid character connection but the author took it even further because none of my earlier complaints were there. No repeated words or editorial flaws, the details flowed seamlessly through out the story and I was never in any doubt about what a character might look like this time around.

I was pleasantly surprised by the twist of the plot. I won’t spoil the book but lets just say that the Austin we fell in love with isn’t completely lost to us. Though because of this there was much more suspense and angst in the book. My heart broke with all of Winter’s struggles. Even though there is a gap of sixteen years, she is still in a lot of ways that vulnerable young girl she once was and my protective instincts carried over from the first book.

For more of the review pls visit: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem (The Heart of Winter, # 2).