☺~Tina~☺'s Reviews > Fire Baptized

Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright

4.5 Stars

When warnings and body parts from the killer starts showing up at La La and MeShack apartment the esoteric Zulu moves in to make himself a bigger part of La La's life.

Mixbreeds or Mixies are treated worse than second class citizens so when the murders start to happen, no one really cares except La La and the MFE, headed by Zulu. Wright does a good job on a sensitive topic in this case speciesism. Here race doesn't matter but if you are a mixie, no matter the combination, you are nothing. Humans have closed the shifter, fairies, vampires and all other species off into area called the Habitat, located outside of Miami. They are not allowed to leave for any reason.

In the mist of La La trying to finish school, she also has to figure out who is threatening her and to top it off she is caught in a love triangle between two super alpha males. Normally I always have a favorite and know which male I like but between Zulu and MeShake, I like them both... A LOT!

This book has a bit of everything romance, urban fantasy, paranormal, mystery. The author has a really good imagination and does a good job of pulling you into the story. There is sex but it the leading up to then fades black and then you pick up with the afterglow so it's not very detailed. There are a few curse words but not the 'really' bad ones. Wright has created a fascinating world and does a good job of keeping things fresh and diverse.

Right now the book is being offered for $.99 a great deal for this book. I've read hundreds of paranormal books and this one is a fresh take on a genre that's drowning in the same old thing under a different title. She's taken little bits from different stories and made it her own. The editing is pretty good too; I only remember a couple little errors. My only little issue (totally mine because I like sex in my books) is that the author keeps the romance fresh. It's kind of hard when it just the leading up to the sex, but you don't want to fill like it's just a repeat of the last time they were together. Like he thrust is tongue in my mouth and I was lost in a world with just me and so and so or he focused on the nipples.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Baptized.