K.C. Rivers's Reviews > Crocodile on the Sandbank

Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters

Feb 10, 2012

bookshelves: historical, mystery
Read from January 24 to February 01, 2012

I absolutely loved this book. I know that the writing style would not appeal to everyone, as it is very proper and very...well, British, for lack of a better word. But Amelia's character was so witty and engaging that I fell in love with the story immediately. It presented a delightful mystery that actually kept me guessing, but by far what I loved most were Amelia's descriptions of her surroundings and her interjections. She is one of my new favorite book characters, and I am looking forward to reading more of Elizabeth Peters' books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crocodile on the Sandbank.

message 1: by Traci (new)

Traci Haley I haven't read the Amelia Peabody books, but I remember Elizabeth Peters wrote this really good series about an art historian named Vicky Bliss. First book is called Borrower of the Night... I quite liked the style of writing! :)

K.C. Rivers I'm anxious to check out more series by her. I was so entertained and impressed with how she was able to combine both humor and a good mystery into one story. The writing style fit perfectly with the time period of the plot without being too distracting. I think I might have a new favorite author! ;)