Jeanne's Reviews > City of Ghosts

City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane

F_50x66
Jan 24, 12

I had trouble getting into this series. It is very different than most of the others I have read and was not what I was expecting. This is a fairly dark world and story and nothing comes easy for the characters - in fact there are a lot of dark aspects to all of the characters. We see crime, drug usage/abuse, mos style killings and other seedy types of action, but the characters are strong and draw you in. You route for them and want to see them step above their circumstances and situations. By the time we finish this book (and let me say that this book has one of the hottest angry sex scenes I have ever read!) we are routing for Chess and Terrible to get together (who would have though it when we started the story?). I really recommend the series, but you have to be able to tolerate some serious darkness in your books and you have to have some patience while the characters, world and story develop in the first book. The series is not an "easy" or "light" read but is worth the effort. Each book gets better and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ghosts.