Natalie's Reviews > Mort

Mort by Terry Pratchett

Jan 25, 12

Read from January 24 to 25, 2012

I think one of the things I like best about Terry Pratchett, is all the one-liners that just crack me up. There were several times during this book that I just burst out laughing because of one small sentence. Those one-liners make his books perfect for my husband and I to read out loud to each other. Sadly, Rob read this one already (Not that he hasn't minded reading some of them a second time :-), so I read this one on my own. I think the experience was just a bit lacking (mostly because I didn't have anyone to laugh with about the funny parts while I was reading. . . .I mean I love my 3-year-old but she just doesn't have the same sense of humor at this point in her life).

"Mort" is all about what happens when Death decides to take a break. Mort himself is Death's new apprentice, and he tries to take on the job. Of course something has to go wrong. The parts I liked best about this book were the parts with Death himself (one of my favorite characters in Discworld already). The cats scenes alone make this book worth a read. Once again Terry Pratchett has delivered a marvelous bit of entertainment. I highly recommend it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mort.