Phillip's Reviews > Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said

Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said by Philip K. Dick

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: philip-k-dick

Creepy. Love it. Was this the inspiration of the movie "Dark City"? I don't know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Byron  'Giggsy' Paul I have nightmares of waking up and being Jason Taverner

Phillip Byron 'Giggsy' wrote: "I have nightmares of waking up and being Jason Taverner"

You've made me laugh out loud.

Phillip Phillip wrote: "Byron 'Giggsy' wrote: "I have nightmares of waking up and being Jason Taverner"

You've made me laugh out loud."

I hope my response wasn't offensive. If so, then I apologize.

Do you dream of being Taverner or do you have dreams in which you are you but in his situation?

Byron  'Giggsy' Paul I tend to pictures scenes from the book as I visualized them when I read it, mostly early on when he can't get by security checkpoints because he has no ID, and his attempts to get a fake ID. And since dreams are weird the other part is hard to answer. I don't picture myself, but it feels like me instead of a 3rd party, so its a hybrid of Taverner and me I guess. And I need to see Dark City again. I recognized it as Dickian, but never attached it to any specific Dick title

Phillip Byron 'Giggsy' wrote: "I tend to pictures scenes from the book as I visualized them when I read it, mostly early on when he can't get by security checkpoints because he has no ID, and his attempts to get a fake ID. And ..."

Thank you, for sharing.

A thing that sticks in my imagination from that novel is the forgery of an illuminated manuscript page that the girl has on display when Taverner is getting fake IDs. I don't know why, but that really moves me when I have read and reread the book, or if I even think about it.