Meg ♥'s Reviews > Endure

Endure by Carrie Jones

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: e-books, arc, cover-lover, review-copies, z-2012-reads, favs
Read from January 24 to 30, 2012

On the e-reader this was only 167 pages. Wish it was A LOT longer, but oh well! Release date: 5-8-12

Okay. I'm going to start this review by mentioning my feelings towards the rest of this series. I adored the first book. I thought that the story was unique, the action was really well done, and I loved the romance. The characters were all characters that I fell in love with instantly. The second and third book seemed to get progressively worse in my opinion, but I still enjoyed them enough to be very excited to read Endure as soon as I recieved it. Despite the fact that I didn't really enjoy Entice, I had to know how this series would end.

My head is spinning after reading this book. It was super short, and I read it in one sitting, but the book seemed to fly by so quickly it's difficult to gather my thoughts.

We start out pretty much where we left off. Nick is being mean to Zara, and she is heartbroken because he is treating her like a piece of trash. She saved Nick from Valhalla, but the evil pixies aren't giving up. Grandma Betty is still not around. Zara needs to form an army of good pixies with her friends and anyone she can gather up to help fight. All of this is going on while she tries to deal with her feelings about Nick, and her pixie king, Astley. Finally, the end of the world is predicted and Zara supposedly has something to do with it.

This book was all about the action, and the unexpected. So many things happen that you just wouldn't expect, which makes the book constantly holding your attention. There is never one dull moment in this book. There is honestly not much to say about this book without giving away any spoilers, so I'm just going to leave you with a few reasons why I love this series, and really love Zara!

This quote sums up why I love Zara, despite her flaws.

"This is why you are chosen. Not because of who your father is, not because you turned pixie queen. It is because you choose to look beyond the ugly. You choose to see the good even in monsters, Zara White. That is why you are different. That is why you are important."

Also, Zara really releases her inner' badass in this book. When called a "little girl" she simply spears the person and whispers "Sorry, you chose the wrong side. Plus, you made 'little girl' seem like a bad thing"

The absolute only thing I didn't like about this book was how the romance was kind of skimpy. By skimpy I mean there really was none until the last 30 pages. I understand that this story was focusing on the apocolypse and all, but a little more romance would have been appreciated. Zara got more lip action from a girl than either of the guys! Just sayin'. No matter which boy you hope Zara ends up with I think you will enjoy the ending. I've never really said which boy I liked so it's okay to say that I am VERY happy with the ending.

I recommend all Need fans read this book. How can you not? You truly "need" to find out the ending of the story of this loveable girl who we first met muttering random phobias; the girl who went from never wanting to hurt a fly to a girl willing to kill for what she believes in and for those she loves. This is an ending that will not disappoint! I'm sad to see it end, but it's been one heck of a ride. Thank you Carrie Jones!
40 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endure.

message 1: by Lola (new) - added it

Lola Seriously?? Lucky!

message 2: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan I love this series too!

message 3: by Lola (new) - added it

Lola I don't want to wait until May to know the end. Please tell me if she ends up with Astley!

message 4: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Not here
PlEase! I don't wanna know! LOL

message 5: by Shauna (new)

Shauna A pity Nick's back, is there much of him?

Meg ♥ Lola wrote: "I don't want to wait until May to know the end. Please tell me if she ends up with Astley!"

Yeah, no. lol Wait and see girl. It's worth it! :-)

Meg ♥ Susan wrote: "Not here
PlEase! I don't wanna know! LOL"

*tsk, tsk* Susan. You actually thought I would do that? :-)

Meg ♥ Shauna wrote: "A pity Nick's back, is there much of him?"

Yeah, pretty much.

Crystal Starr Light Is this the final book to the series or is there a book 5 planned?

message 10: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Hmm...that really makes me question whether to even bother with the next one. Poor Astley was having a hard enough time of it as it was.

Meg ♥ Crystal Starr Light wrote: "Is this the final book to the series or is there a book 5 planned?"

It's the end. :-)

message 12: by Bri (new)

Bri I can't wait to see your review, Meg.

message 13: by Bri (new)

Bri Meg, are you Team Nick or Astley?

✿~[z๏ℯy]~✿ I L-o-v-e Astley!!

message 15: by Karla (new)

Karla Wow, great review. I only read the first book, which I loved and now that the last book is coming soon, I'll read all 3 remaining books together!

Meg ♥ Karla wrote: "Wow, great review. I only read the first book, which I loved and now that the last book is coming soon, I'll read all 3 remaining books together!"

Thanks. :-) I'm glad I stuck it out, and finished the series.

message 17: by Desiree (new)

Desiree Am I the only one that likes Nick?!

Meg ♥ Desiree wrote: "Am I the only one that likes Nick?!"

I'm not saying who I like because I don't want to give any spoilers....but I have actually liked both boys at certain times.

Kel (Bookworm) OMG I so can't wait to read it!!! I'm on the fence about the boys, I'm not sure who I want Zara to end up with. That just makes the books that much better IMO.

Meg ♥ Kel (LOVES books) wrote: "OMG I so can't wait to read it!!! I'm on the fence about the boys, I'm not sure who I want Zara to end up with. That just makes the books that much better IMO."

I feel the same way. At some points I love Nick and Astley both, but they both got on my nerves at certain times as well. I think this was a great ending either way!

☆∞Bellas☮ ♥Shelf∞☆ I have books 1 & 2 I have yet to even consider reading them. Now they are going to the top of my list cuz I cant resist after reading everyones comments!