Linda Brough's Reviews > The Ladies Auxiliary

The Ladies Auxiliary by Tova Mirvis

Jan 24, 2012

Read in January, 2012

I read some reviews and thought that I would enjoy reading this book. However, after getting part way into it, I realized I had already read it years ago. Too funny. So I must have enjoyed reading it to be compelled to read it again.

I did like reading this a second time. It points out that we, as women, are often too quick to find fault and criticize too often, those people and things that we don't understand. People and situations that are not in our comfort zone seem to threaten us. As mothers it is our responsibility to raise our children in a safe environment and nurture them as we try to instill in them our own principles and values that we hold dear. We are frightened and threatened on a personal level when those principles and values seem to be under attack. I can see both sides of the story here. But I would hope that I personally would not be as thoughtless and heartless as some of these women were.

I think that this is a book worth reading, once or even twice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ladies Auxiliary.