Romancing the Book's Reviews > Of Sawdust and Seduction

bookshelves: erotica
Read in January, 2012

Reviewed by~Laci
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

It starts out innocently enough with two hard-working individuals burning the midnight oil at work trying to get things finished on Valentine’s Day. Then the fun starts with a little unresolved sexual tension that seems one-sided at first glance. I love the innocent flirting. Zoe, the leading lady, obviously thinks that nothing is going to come of it, especially on Valentine’s Day since that day doesn’t exactly hold warm and fuzzy feelings for Adam, her oh-so-hunky co-worker and boss man extraordinaire. What starts off the rest of the story is like a scene from my favorite cop drama, NCIS. You’ve got a hot man who is good with his hands (no pun intended…yet), a love of building things, a basement, and the smell of sawdust. Now all that’s missing is a good ole how-to lesson on building something, and off we go! Amy Valenti doesn’t disappoint us and we are lead on a rather interesting series of romps that take a slightly paranormal twist because good ole hunky Adam is telekinetic and telepathic, it seems. Gotta love a man who can get me all hot and bothered from across the room without even touching me AND know exactly what I want just by reading my mind. I wouldn’t have minded a little more detailed ending because it seems to stop short, but my imagination can always fill in the gaps from there if I want a happily ever after. I enjoyed it overall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Sawdust and Seduction.