Jen's Reviews > Never Cry Wolf

Never Cry Wolf by Cynthia Eden

Feb 18, 12

bookshelves: adult-paranormal, adult-romance, library-read-it, read-in-2012, shifters, werewolves, smut
Read from February 16 to 18, 2012

Although this particular book is listed as #4 in the series, it really doesn't connect to the other 3 stories at all. But that didn't matter to me - I enjoyed it! There were a lot of players in this one and I got a little confused at one point trying to figure out who was bad and who was good. It was a strong storyline and then there's a possessive alpha male whose instinct is to protect the week...what's not to like?? I would love to get some more books about the other pack members from this one and it seems like she left it open, but I'm not sure if she has any more books planned with this series....sigh. Another good book from Cynthia Eden - so glad I found her!

A sweet moment I thought I'd share:
"When you're with me, how do you feel?"

His breath hissed out. "Like I've finally found home."

The wolf was going to make her cry. "That's how I feel when I'm with you. Like I belong. Like I found a part of myself that was missing...I didn't even know I was missing..." Not until she'd walked into a jail and peered at a wold caged behind the bars. MINE. "I love you, Lucas, and I'm not going to walk away. I won't give up on us." Whatever came their way - wolves, wars, pack - she'd stay by his side.

"Love." He said the word as if he were tasting it. "You're the first thing I think about when I open my eyes. The last damn thing at night. And when I dream it's of you. Sarah, is that close to love?"

So lost. Her big bad wolf was strong in so many ways. She'd teach him this. Show him the way. "Yes, Lucas, it's close." No, better than close.

"I'd rip apart anyone who hurt you, and damn, woman, I feel like I'd give my soul - or whatever the hell is left of it - just to see you smile."

"That's love," she whispered.

"Then Sarah King....I love you."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Cry Wolf.