Celine's Reviews > Until I Die

bookshelves: for-review
Read from April 24 to 25, 2012

Review originally posted in:

Cover:
Even though the cover is exactly the same like the US one except the swirls, I love the UK/AU cover more because of the swirls. I like how the swirls cover nearly the entire book, unlike the US one and I love the 'blue' theme of the cover! So stunning and gorgeous!

Story:

Can love last longer than for ever?

Unti I Die is the stunning gorgeous sequel to Die For Me. I have been dying to read this book and when I finally got a copy, I practically danced around in my room with this book! Continuing where Die For Me left off, Until I Die explores the lives of both Vincent and Kate after their battle against the Numa's leader, Lucien. Vincent and Kate might live in the most romantic city in the world, but their relationship is facing hardships. This is because Vincent is a Revenant. He has strong urges to sacrifice himself to save people and Kate cannot stand the idea of watching Vincent die over and over again. Vincent tries to stop sacrificing himself so he does not have to die and so he can live his life with Kate. The Numa's lack of 'activities' also concerns the Revenant. Even though their leader is killed, it is not the end of Numa.

The book starts with the calm soothing and romantic relationship between Vincent and Kate. Amy Plum's writing takes me all the way to Paris and explore the different places in the City of Lights. I'm lost in Paris through Until I Die. Amy's rich and vivid description of Paris is perfect. Not only are the places romantic, she introduced me to a whole lot of places I never knew of! Towards the end of the book, there are quite a few actions happening and the ending completely broke my heart. I do not want to spoil you but it makes me dying to read the third book already!

Characters:
Oh Vincent Delacroix, you sweet romantic French guy! I love you and I love how you love Kate so much. It's just that you should not keep secrets from her! Kate is strong enough to handle the truth. But no matter what, you are perfect for Kate and *bursts to tears* I will love you forever Until I Die. Kate has definitely grown in this book. She is capable of fighting with the Numa after training so hard and she is not a 'weak' girl anymore. I love reading from her POV and I can definitely see how she truly loves Vincent despite the fact that she wishes him to be just a normal boy instead of a Revenant. I also love reading about Georgia, Charlotte (I miss her!), Jules (If I can't have Vincent, then I'll have him!), Ambrose, even Jean-Baptiste! There also new characters introduced in this book and let's just say that they are very suspicious indeed! I love all the characters in Until I Die and Vincent and Kate shall remain as one of the sweetest romantic YA couple ever to me!

Overall:
Until I Die once again brings you a sweet, heart-melting story set in the most romantic city in the world. This stunning sequel to Die For Me explores Vincent and Kate's relationship deeply and how the Numa are prepared to fight back after what happened in the first book. I absolutely adore Amy Plum's writing and how she can transport me to Paris just by reading her books! If you love Die For Me, I can guarantee you will love Until I Die too!

I will love you Until I Die, Vincent Delacroix ♥
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until I Die.

04/24/2012 page 100
31.0% "Vincent ♥"

Alice ♔ LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE!

Celine YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I practically squealed when I got this book yesterday! It's SO GOOD so far!

Angela Oh you're so lucky!! I'm dying to read this book!!! Did it end in a sad way?? Please tell me the ending, when I read it, won't make me cry (or through it at the wall in frustration!).

Celine I don't really want to spoil you but I can tell you that the ending is a cliffhanger though the book is still so good!

Angela Ahh, a cliffhanger? Ah well, I'm still reading it!! Everyone who has read it says its so good. Gah, I want May 8th to hurry up and get here. I need some me some Vincent :)

Celine Of course you have to read it! Vincent is so romantic and sweet, as usual! ;)

I hope you enjoy it! Only a couple more weeks left to get the book! :D

Lalaine *myficbookreviews* Glad you loved it Celine.eep

Celine EEEE, Lalaine! <3 I hope you enjoy this book too! So excited for you to read it!

Alice ♔ OH SHIT. A CLIFFHANGER? FUCK NO. SHIT. HELL. CRAP. OH GOD. *bursts into tears*

MY EMOTIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Celine I KNOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. *cries*

URGH, I don't think I can survive waiting one whole year for this book :P

Lalaine *myficbookreviews* Lol, I always love it when Alice is on the thread :) <3 she makes the chats really fun! mwahhhh!

and Celine eep I did read this first few pages of this before but I felt like it wasnt what I expected but then I will have to try and finish it again hopefully soon, it does ssounds a good book and deserves another chance. loved your review. x

Celine So true! Alice is AWESOME! ;)

AAwww, I truly hope you enjoy it, Lalaine! <3 Please tell me when you got the book! :D