Ulrike's Reviews > Single In The City

Single In The City by Michele Gorman

Feb 06, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit-romance
Read from February 03 to 06, 2012

Single in the City was a funny and easy read - just what I want from a good chick lit.
The book is about Hannah who moves from the US to the UK. Anyone who ever lived in a foreign country will know what she's going through. There are some hilarious language misunderstandings and of course Hannah also has to adjust to english fashion and learn the rules of social life and dating on the other side of the ocean.

It first took me a little while to get into the wrting style of this book as it sometimes is very fast paced, conversations seem to start out of nowhere and you first have to figure out who's speaking now. But as I got used to that I started to really enjoy the story. Hannah is a really nice character and you just have to like her.

A lot of people really seem to have hated the footnotes. I have to say they didn't do much for me either, but I didn't mind them being there. Sometimes I read them, sometimes I didn't. No big deal.

All in all I really enjoyed to read about Hannah, her old and new friends and all her adventures in London. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Single In The City.

02/04/2012 page 37