Learning Community Learning Community's Reviews > Silver on the Tree

Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper

U 50x66
Apr 25, 2012

Imagine living in a world where your friends could be evil(the dark) or good (the light). where your best friend might be a imortal who fights for the dark or the light. Susan Cooper's Silver On The Tree is just like that!

In the begining five of a group of six come together and start the search for the cystal sword of the light.

But they get split up and the dark tries to stop them.

In the end after they have the sword they are split up by the dark after the five of the six had regrouped,but after all six are there they start the final battle between the dark and the light!

What I liked a lot about it is that the tone, which was optimistic and pesstimistic. Sometimes its pesstimistic and others optimistic. For example, when Will and Bran were traped in the glass maze they thought theyed never get out of there, but then they found a way to make sure they have a easier time getting though the maze.

Also, I really like Merriman because theres always something mysterious about him.For example, when he and the drew children where on the train he said "I know.Rest now a little, and wait. And-do not be surprise at meeting anyone on this train. No matter who it may be."

Finally I would defidenty recommend this book with the rest of the dark is rising books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver on the Tree.