Vivian Adram's Reviews > Home Safe

Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg

Jan 29, 12

Read from January 24 to 29, 2012

Just what the doctor prescribed. In so many ways, this book has connected and helped me. It was a Christmas gift from a dear friend, the kind like Midge's character in the book. And she saw that I was suffering from a broken heart, and this was her way of helping me out. I still find myself reminiscing, just like Helen does. And find myself; like Helen, unsure if I'll ever love again, but, at the same time, I've learnt that it is ok. I don't have to fear these feelings and thoughts. They are natural, yet in the process of healing, though it seems like you push away the memories from the past, kind of like letting go-and you feel guilty for doing so, you understand that they will ALWAYS be there. Always. Yet, the journey of knowing that, finding that out, opens so many other paths and doors to yourself, that you may have hidden, FROM YOU...and they aren't necessarily bad paths or great paths, yet paths you must and should embrace, in order to move on to the next step, when you.

Not sure if this is a review of the book, but this are my thoughts, and I literally, put the book down. It's also ironic that I am taking up Asian Lit as part of my Lib Studies Degree (going back to school at my age and all) and it's made me love the written word even more than I have for sometime now.

Thank you Elizabeth Berg.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home Safe.