Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

Dec 02, 14

bookshelves: own, from-publishers, 2012, bought-at-event
Read in August, 2012 — I own a copy

Brie had the perfect life, three best friends who love her, a family that appreciates and supports her, and a boyfriend who loves her. Until just shy of her sixteenth birthday she dies quite literally of a broken heart when her boyfriend tells her he doesn’t love her. Then she ends up in a place that I’d like to call limbo. That’s the only way I can describe it. She’s stuck there until she finishes a task.

I enjoyed this book immensely. I don’t read a lot of contemporary novels but I’m so glad I read this one. I even feared at some parts. I love how the chapters include the steps that a person does when they grieve. (Had them memorized since high school) I just loved Brie and her wit.

This novel was just perfect. The beginning, the middle, the end. It’s on my list of re-reads and probably also one of my favourites. It was too heartbreaking to read what Brie felt and witnessed. I couldn’t imagine it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Catastrophic History of You and Me.