Marion's Reviews > Lover Awakened

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Jul 20, 2008

bookshelves: paranormal, 2008-read
Recommended to Marion by: Thank you Collette

I loved this book. I was so happy that Zsadist finally found happiness. I am ticked off by what happend to Wellsie, did not see that one coming.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Awakened.

Comments (showing 1-11)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Collette Wow! you are whipping right through these Marion! lol Remember! They do run out and then you will have to wait until #7, like the rest of us.

Pamela(AllHoney) I've read the 1st a while back and have the next 3. I guess I'll have to break down and continue with the series some day.

Collette I can't believe you haven't, Pamela. Did you not like Dark Lover? I know you aren't a big paranormal fan normally are you?

Pamela(AllHoney) It was alright and I've been told that the series gets better but no I'm not a big fan of paranormal. But like many genres I'm willing to give em a try.

Marion Pamela I love them. I am not a great fan of paranormals either but reading those Black Dagger Brotherhood books is like being addicted to crack. Not that I know anything about crack. Just a figure of speech.

Blackbook Now there is another crack reference-- you and Heather. What do you know about being addicted to crack? Just kidding. You are moving through these BDBs really fast. You'll be finished by Tues. or Wed. They are terrific. Enjoy.

BB

Julie (jjmachshev) Now see, back in the old days (like, um the late 70s and 80s...and that's 1970s and 1980s for all you smartasses) we would have said "instant addiction, like cocaine"...ah well
J

Julianna Pamela, I agree with Marion. Until I tried BDB, I wasn't a paranormal fan either. In fact, I'd never even read one. Dark Lover wasn't the strongest book in the series for me either, but by the end of Lover Eternal I was a goner.;)

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I think that Ward has really moved from paranormal romance to UF though. If you like UF then you will like these books even more.

Collette LOL Julie! Yeah...language and ideas along with the times have certainly changed. *sigh* Makes me feel a bit old and melancholy.

I agree with Jen. Urban Fantasy is a great way to describe her although she still has a good marriage with romance more so than other UF writers that I have read.

Julie (jjmachshev) Since I'm also a UF fan, I win either way!!!
J