Mandy's Reviews > Shepherd's Moon

Shepherd's Moon by Stacy Mantle

Jan 23, 2012

bookshelves: first-in-series, paranormal, young-adult, to-read-i-own, owned-books, read-2012, read2review, rd-reviews
Read in April, 2012

I received this Shepherd's Moon for review from the author. I was very excited to read this book, it's been on my TBR list for months. I admit I was a little unsure because the description sounded incredible.
Alex is a shepherd a human who can read animal and pre-natural creatures minds. She's kinda like a alpha werewolf as she has a pack that she takes care of. Her pack is made up of a vampire, alpha werewolf, werecoyote, werejaguar with her two cubs, a werehorse, a female werewolf and a werehawk who's only there part of the time. I really liked the concept that it's possible to have other shapeshifters out there besides all predators that most shapeshifting books use.
Alex helps out the local police department on cases that involve prenatural creatures. She works with Billy the coyote and Brock the wolf who also work for the prenatural police department. The book reminded me a lot of early Anita Blake books, only instead of a vampire hunter she's a shepherd.
The story has some interesting characters, a decent plot the ending felt a little rushed unfortunately. I feel like most of the book was building for a future series that I think has a lot of potential. Overall I really enjoyed reading the book, I like the main character Alex, with all the character building I'm looking forward to the next book. It's a quick read but it's a enjoyable one. I can't wait to see what happens next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shepherd's Moon.