Frank Tibbetts's Reviews > Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Jan 23, 12

This is one of the best books I have ever read! It is also the first Dean Koontz novel I have ever read. This story sends electricity surging down your spine from the very first page. Odd Thomas is an ordinary fry cook at the Pico Mundo grill, who's main ambition is to become a tire salesman at the local tire store.
Odd see's the dead. He claims the dead don't talk, but they sure did to me in this electrifying story. The spirits of the lingering dead seek Odd's assistance to cross over into the everlasting if they have been murdered or killed in some otherwise "strange" nature. Odd is a very kind, compassionate person who has mercy on them and helps them to "move on".
One of the bonuses of this wondeful book, is that Mr. Koontz has added Elvis Presley as a main character and friend to Odd. He constantly seeks to entertain and amuse the protagonist (and the reader)with the same wit and demeanor as he did in life. I think it made this story so much more fun to read because of this humorous addition. (I'm with Mr. Koontz-Elvis will never really be gone!)
With the help of Odd's beautiful, Egyption looking girlfriend, Stormy Llewelyn, he uncovers a plot to destroy the Pico Mundo Mall and everyone in it.
Needless to say, Odd becomes the town hero, but with devastating consequences that will forever change his life.
I found this book to be thrilling, suspenseful, mysterious, and wonderfully romantic all in one. I honestly have to say that this is one of the best books I have ever read, and therefore, I give it five stars(very well deserved)and recommend this quickly read novel to everyone. I am now an official Dean Koontz fan!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Thomas.