Jamie's Reviews > Moving Neutral

Moving Neutral by Katy Atlas

Feb 28, 2012

Read on February 28, 2012

I had been waiting for awhile, keeping my eye on this book and was so excited the day it went free. The great things about when books go free is I can check it out, see how much I like the author and if I like the book, I will be more likely to pay for another book from the same author. It is a win win for everyone. I can say with all honesty that I would definitely pay for another book by Katy Atlas.

I enjoyed the characters a lot, especially Blake. He seemed so down to earth and honest that I couldn't help but love him. The only thing that bugged me was the big lie in the book didn't seem like that big of a deal. That's a pet peeve of mine with any book though. It seems like something that would be SO easy to explain right when it happened is blown up because the lead female (or male) refuses to be honest right then.

I think the reason I liked the story line so much (which was actually very fan-fiction-ish) was because I could relate a little bit. Casey's parents are a bit over protective. She's over eighteen and still has an eleven p.m. curfew. I had parents like that. I understand the reasoning now but when I was newly eighteen? Not so much. She wanted one last summer of freedom and fun and excitement before she got serious and settled down into college. In my opinion, that is a very common feeling among kids straight of high school. Her decisions may not have been wise and they may not have been overly rational but really, not all eighteen years are ration or wise.

Katy Atlas has a wonderful writing style that flowed well for me. It was easy to read and follow and I wasn't distracted by disjointed sentences or poor grammar. Casey's voice was very genuine and easy to relate to in most circumstances. It was a quick, easy, fun read and I would recommend it. Best of all? No love triangles!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moving Neutral.