J.N.'s Reviews > Jaded

Jaded by Monica McKayhan

6193296
Jan 23, 2012

Read from January 24 to 28, 2012

Jaded is a young adult book told in two different POVs--Jade, a girl who is struggling to deal with her divorced parents and life in general, and her boyfriend, Terrence, a guy whose druggie mother is away so much that he is forced to work to support his younger brother and sister. Ashamed of not being able to be a normal teenage boy, Terrence keeps his family life hidden from Jade.

I thought this was an interesting, realistic book. I have to admit, I liked Terrence a whole lot better than Jade. Terrence was hardworking and humble while Jade came across as spoiled and bratty most of the time. Even though I felt for her concerning her parents, I felt she had more of a "me" attitude than I would have liked. She did get better, though, and seemed to grow as a person, but it seems that Terrence grew even more as a person when his mother comes back and he has to struggle with whether he should put his trust in her or not.

The story was interesting and the characters were realistic and mostly easy to relate to. I really liked this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jaded.

01/24/2012 page 44
17.0% "This is A LOT better than the other "Kimani Tru" book I read. I think I will end up liking this one."
show 2 hidden updates…