Jacqueline Sinard's Reviews > Darkest Powers Trilogy

Darkest Powers Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong

Apr 21, 12

** spoiler alert ** I'd like to say that I love everything about this series but I'd be lying. Don't get me wrong they are great books but to me certain parts left much to be desired. Such as the Cabals plot thing. Throughout the trilogy I focused on the fact that the kids were running from someone who wanted to kill them/ study them. That's fine, the scenes were written well even if the plot was weak. Which is the main reason I don't care for the first book, but after you've read that the series flows.

What really bothered me was the ensemble of questions left unanswered at the end. Such as Chloe's necklace, I mean does it change color because her powers grow stronger? And if so why are they getting stronger? What did they do to the kids to enhance their abilities. How do they kill the uncooperative subjects? Bullet, gun, other? Who are Derek's real parents? How is Chloe going to get a message to her dad? When is Tori going to find out the truth about her parentage?

On the positive side I did like the romance between Chloe and Derek and how after it was established that Chloe liked Derek, Simon backed off. I also liked the scenes with Derek's changing, even though they provoked even more unanswered questions.

In summary the series is completely readable even if you don't zoom in on the plot, the scenes are written well, has remaining loose ends, and is overall a decent series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkest Powers Trilogy.